Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Food and Discipling Little Hearts, Not Really A Leap Here..

1) The Food Of Love.org

Story of my life.

2) This Blog Post...Oh my word! Blessed my socks off. I am going to get her books.

Favorite quotes:

My answer was, “People confuse the word discipline with spanking and think that they are equal.”

“I have a heart to train my children in righteousness, but my focus is on winning their hearts and instructing their minds. I want them to love Jesus and God with their whole hearts–I do not just want them to obey rules, so that they will say “I am obeying on the outside, but I am rebelling on the inside.” Works and performance is not my goal, a transformed and inspired heart is my goal. Jesus did that by cultivating a deep, loving and committed relationship with his disciples. They all loved and respected Him so much, as He served them so generously, that they wanted to follow him to a death on the cross, because they believed in Him and wanted to serve them out of a loving and transformed heart.

I want them to love righteousness and truth and beauty and so I come along beside them as an advocate, morning, noon and night, to show them and help them and instruct them.”


And

imitations of the vast amount of time it takes to build children into godly, whole, inspired persons.

There is no easy formula. It will require your whole life. It will take your years, body, convenience, leisure time, everything, even as the redeeming us cost Christ everything. But the end result is even more fulfilling than I thought and tastes so very sweet to my soul. I am so very grateful that day by day, year by year, through all the doubts and insecurities and inadequacies, God was leading and guiding and empowering, one question, one child, one challenge at a time.

It all starts with the mom’s heart, as she responds to God’s heart.

-Sally Clarkson

Mothering the way I want to is so hard. It really is just plain impossible. At least by sheer will power. I feel like every thing is just a haze of work with snippets and flashes joy flying through the haze. Along with my prayers for wisdom, presence, and intention...I'm just trying to sit back and BE.

Be with the Lord, when I get a moment to myself...Or take a moment for myself. My greatest desire as a Mother, I want my littles to trust me wholeheartedly. I want to be a comfort and a place they feel so safe with. That they can always trust me with their feelings. Trust me to protect and advocate for them. To know my goal as their parent is to always help them succeed...Even if it means I have to sit on my hands and trust them to try. But mostly, working with them when they are small...Setting them up for a life time of success by little by little, showing them the ropes.

The quote at the beginning of her post, I'm going to end with...Some thing to chew on this evening.

Oh, the comfort – the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person – having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :0)