Wednesday, March 31, 2010

As We Head Into Easter

Tulip Girl and I differ on a few (slight) theological things ...But I LOVE her blog, I'm so thankful for the internet!

As we head into Easter I thought this blog post was fitting, encouraging and a helpful. And she wrote it 5 years ago.

Restoring Gently and Carrying Burdens

Why do we, in our pride, expect things of our children that we don't even walk out in our own life.

It's been an exhausting week (and it's only Wednesday!!!) - I've found myself at the breaking point it seems at some point every hour of the day. Toddler behavior is absolutely baffling and incredibly draining, frustrating and pull- you-hair-out infuriating.

I found these blog Entrys encouraging this morning.

Delayed Gratification...The Irony

And lastely from a wise mama on GCM with 3 grown sons.

"And lastly, and I say this gently, as the parent of grown kids, knowing *insert parenting guru* is also the parent of grown kids: we have wonderful children--he does, I'm sure--and so do I. But without even knowing his children I can know this about them: they are not perfect. They hurt. They make mistakes. They struggle. They are prideful and overly simplistic at times; and crippled by shame and hesitancy at others. Yes--they are beautiful examples of human beings, his children (I assume), and mine (I know.) But they are not perfect. If they were, they would not be human. If it were possible to raise children to perfection, then God would have sent a parenting method, not Jesus. Our marching orders are not to raise our children by a method to be like *insert parenting guru* children. Our marching orders are to be Christians to and with our children."

--katiekind
( I found that one HERE on TulipGirl)

I think this Easter will be very interesting for me- as a Mama fully recieving grace to get through the rest of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :0)