Monday, November 28, 2011

Birthing Prayer...Thanksgiving!

If there is one thing I am learning about lately- and quite timely I must say (November's end after all!)- it is the power of a thankful heart. Now don't get me wrong, there is definitely a place for lamentations. I don't believe in "fake it til you make it", pretending you don't feel some thing, or forcing yourself to feel some thing you don't. I don't believe you can will God to do things because you put on a happy face.

But a heart of real Thanksgiving is a special thing.

There is also so much beauty in finding things to be thankful for. And a special blessing in pouring out that Thanksgiving to my Abba. I can't say how thankful I am. Really, this is the first pregnancy I can honestly say I've ENJOYED. Sure, it has had some really rough patches. But I am so thankful to have this new little person inside of me. And so thankful for what God is doing in our family. Thankfulness, really does breed thankfulness...And I feel like I'm about to pop with it.

This is just some thing the Holy Spirit has been speaking to my heart. I prayed long and hard about taking the Hypnobabies course. I know several Mamas who have deep faith and love Jesus, and really enjoyed it and benefited from it. But it didn't feel like it fit in with what God has been doing in me through this pregnancy.

I really believe we have - a lot more power over our bodies and our babies than we give ourselves credit for. I believe this applies to all humans- not just Christians. But as a Christian, as some one who has accepted the gift of New Life through Jesus Christ...I know I am redeemed from the curse...He broke it, and I don't believe we have to wait until heaven to enjoy the benefits. I believe they are ours NOW. This is some thing that I'm still feeling out, waiting and praying through. It's not some thing I have all the answers or could hash out...It's just a deep conviction of my heart.

And so, I thought- why not make my own set prayer for this season? Some thing that would affirm God's work in my heart, affirm the things  I KNOW about my body...And declare the work of Christ in me?

So I wrote tihs prayer, and I have been praying and declaring for this birth. It's also deeply personal, and I debated whether I should post...And decided it might encourage other Mama's waiting to meet their babes.

And so I share...As with any thing, take what speaks Truth to your heart...And pray about the rest.

My Birthing Prayer.

Abba, Thank you for this baby. I can say with Hannah, "For this child I prayed and the Lord has given me what I asked of Him."
Thank you for the healing you've been working in me through this pregnancy. For all you've been teaching me about who I am in Christ. For the joy you've poured out and the delight you've blessed me with while carrying this precious new person. Seriously, what a GIFT!


Thank you that you are The Word, Jesus. And that Your Word has power and authority in my life. Thank you Jesus, that because of what you did on the cross I am fully redeemed and whole. Thank you that I have control over my body, and that I am not subject to my emotions, but that they are subject to your word! Thank you so much that this is my birth right in you. That you intend a healthy and enjoyable pregnancy for me. Thank you that you, "bless my bread and my water and take sickness from my midst."  that you bless every bite baby and I take in and you give me the energy I need to care for my family and myself.


Thank you for this good time, this special season of carrying this child. For the things you are teaching my family, and the ways you are preparing us for the changes ahead. Thank you for good sleep and rest (for you promise your Beloved [me!] sleep!) for drawing me close in the night.


Thank you for wisdom in how to eat, for solid knowledge of nutrition, and that you've made good supplements available to me. Thank you for how you designed my body to work- it's genius! I am your child and my body functions in your perfect design. Jesus, thank you that by your stripes I am healed, and that the curse is GONE!  Thank you that this pregnancy will be the perfect length. My baby is covered and protected in my womb  where you are forming and fashioning him/her. Thank you at the right time you will carry her safely from my womb, down the birth canal, and into my waiting arms. 


Thank you that because I make the Most High my refuge, no sickness, plague, or evil can come near me...For you cover me with Your feathers and under your wings I find refuge. Thank you that you command your angels concerning me to keep me in all my ways. That they lift me up in their hands so I won't even strike my foot against a stone. That they keep me in all my ways.


As I look forward to our birthing time- I ask that you would bless it. That every wave of labor would bring you glory. That you would be exulted in this special time Jesus! Holy Spirit, hover over that time. Bless it soak it with your love. Draw us to you and soak us in your peace. Bless those who are to help us in this work. Holy spirit, pour out wisdom, give eyes to see, and hearts to hear. Let no one walk away from this birth with out being touched by you. Heal. Move. Love on our care providers. May they have the mind of Christ and your perfect wisdom in all things for the delivery. Reign in JOY! 


Thank you for Love. For what you have created because of it. Right now, in the wonderful name of Jesus I say fear has no place in this birth. Jesus is Lord and He is LOVE... And His perfect love casts out fear!


Right now, I speak to my body and my baby in Jesus' name. To every organ and system: function properly and perfectly- as you were intended to do from the beginning. Placenta, stay attached correctly, keep giving proper nutrients to my baby through the umbilical cord. Cord, stay in a place where baby gets full nutrients and oxygen through out labor. Uterus, be strong and efficient. You are whole and perfect. Contract well, cervix: open smoothly and easily. I am relaxed and embrace every wave that brings my baby closer to my arms. After the birth uterus contract easily and smoothly allowing for minimal bleeding. 
Sweet baby, You were made to be born. At the right time, move into the perfect position for your birth. In a position where rotating down will be smooth and easy. Head resting evenly on the cervix, chin tucked and hands away from your face. 


Body, be relaxed and at peace... Work well. You were made for this.


Holy Spirit, I welcome you into every step of the birthing process. Saturate in your love and peace. Surround and prepare us. Bless the girls, touch their hearts and prepare them for the new baby. Pour out your grace and wisdom for Ryan and I as we walk with them into this new season for our family. May our hearts be full of Thanksgiving and our hands open with joy. Jesus- be glorified. I ask all this in your precious name.


Amen.


1Sam 1:27, Ex 23:25, Psalm 127:2, Gen 49:25, Mal. 3:11,  Duet. 7:13,  Isa. 44:2, Gal 1:15, Psalm 139: Jer 1:5, Ps. 71:6, Ps. 22:9,10 Ps 91:10-123John 2 , Isa. 54:13, Eph 1:17,18. Prov 3:3,4.  1John 4:16. 1John 4:18. Matt 8:17. Deut 28


Scriptures to meditate on:


Psalm 112:6-8
Surely the righteous will never be shaken; 
   they will be remembered forever. 
They will have no fear of bad news; 
   their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD. 
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; 
   in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
Isaiah 41:10
 So do not fear, for I am with you; 
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation— 
   whom shall I fear? 
The LORD is the stronghold of my life— 
   of whom shall I be afraid?


John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.


Philippians 4:7-8

 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

You will keep in perfect peace
   those whose minds are steadfast,
   because they trust in you.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :0)