Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Living a Fairy Tale

Doesn't some thing about this scream fairy tale?

That's just the dirty laundry I was behind on.

Doesn't this look like where the 7 dwarfs live? I half expect it is very realistic fairy tale dwarf set up.
And here is what it looks like after Snow White cleans up, puts 4 loads of laundry away while and 2 little dwarfs spread rice chex all over the trampoline. But hey, Snow White got it done!

This is a very new arrangement in our (only) bedroom. We'll be moving out in a few weeks (wheeee!) but until then (and hopefully after too) this is our arrangement. Roo (age 3) after a years absence rejoined the family bed yesterday. After several weeks of waking up terrified and having her Daddy sleep most of every night with her. We decided this was the best move for every one. I've been reading Your Three Year Old: Friend or Enemy and one of the things that they talk about is an insecure, emotional, anxious and fearful stage in the 4th year. Boy, have we hit it hard. I am SO thankful for those books! The your "One Year Old" book was a huge comfort to me, as 18mos we did indeed hit that horrid clingy, loud, whiney, tantrummy stage they said we would. And 2 was surprsingly delightful. 2.5 had it's challenges, but I enjoyed last year: Roo was fairly easy apart from being, 2 and the immaturity that brings. . 3 is turning out to be interesting...And we're hitting 18mos with friendly and BOY, I think it's even more intense this time around. The pre-verbal tantrums= draining!

So I'm living the fairy tale...The comical piles of laundry, the giant cartoonesque bed. And my prince charming who faithfully snuggled our baby...erm 3 year old, week after week to help her feel safe. He has carried his load of sleep deprivation, even while having shingles!

Now thanks to all that snuggling -on to family (well the kiddos) chicken pox? We shall see.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :0)