Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Looking Ahead...Homeschooling (Part 1 out of 1,348,738)

I'm starting to look at education.

I'm starting to wander into that area of amazon, of GCM, of the library... I think I've read all the discipline books I'm going to be able to process for a while. And I think I've formulated a pretty good understanding of my parenting/discipline philosophy. Which I hope to really concrete in a concise little post (ha!) at some point.

Now I am looking at my job as educator. Because I do believe it's my job, all parents jobs really. Not that we're all called to homeschooling...Because we're not. But it's our responsibility to create an environment for learning in our homes. This doesn't mean we make little educational rooms full of charts, and books and crafts. It means we give our kids lots of time to PLAY...To play with real toys or even non-toys...It's amazing what Roo can do with an old sock, an empty tissue box, a marker and a lid from a toy box= It's a cake! Look how I decorated it!

And I have to run, Mommies morning quiet time is over... I wish I had gotten to drink tea, we're out of milk. :0(

Oh and I'm not preggo! AF finally arrived this morning! I really don't know what to think. That was the longest luteal phase I've had since Friendly was born (most have been 6-9 days: not long enough to sustain a pregnancy), and I felt really preggo...My uterus still feels hard and bigger like it did with both girls right when I found out I was preggo. I am almost feeling like maybe I was and I just don't have enough progesterone to sustain pregnancy at this point? Anyway I'm SO relieved to have this VERY VERY long cycle come to an end (it started on September 5th!). We're still praying about trying for another baby...I'd love and October baby, it's always been a dream of mine. But God really has made it clear, He sends the babies into this family, despite our efforts to avoid (friendly) or attain (roo). I am sad that a new baby won't be joining our family next summer. But with all the big huge changes coming our way next year (more on that some day) I have a peace that this is best. I'm just not looking to what I can tell is going to be a pretty painful couple days, the cramps are pretty unreal. :0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! :0)